What is NEET?
The National Testing Agency conducts NEET for admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary and other medical/paramedical courses in India. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted annually and is held across 154 test centres. With approximately 15,00,000 test-takers, NEET is the most important medical entrance examination in India.
NEET 2021 Highlights
||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
||Once a year
|| 539 Colleges
NEET 2021 Some Facts and Figures
Below are the statistics related to the number of candidates registered, appeared and qualified the NEET exam:
|Candidates registered for the exam
|Candidates appeared in the exam
|Number of Candidates Absent
|Total qualified candidates
|Exam toppers with full marks (720/720)
- MBBS Seats - 75893
- Test Centres - 2546
- Mdeical Colleges - 529
- Dental Colleges - 313
NEET eligibility criteria 2021
The National Testing Agency has prescribed the eligibility criteria for NEET 2021. All those who wish to apply for the entrance test are advised to check if they fit into the criteria specified by NTA.
Candidates who fulfill the following parameters are eligible for NEET 2021:
- Indian Nationals,
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
- The minimum age of a candidate as on December 31, 2021, should be 17 years
- The rule specifying the maximum age limit of the candidate was challenged last year in the court of law. Thus, there is no upper age limit as of now and candidates older than 25 years of age applying for NEET 2021 will be provisionally admitted subject to the ruling of the High Court of Delhi.
- Candidate must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized institute
- Candidates who are appearing for Class 12 or equivalent in summer 2021 can also apply for NEET 2021.
- Candidates who have completed Class 12 or equivalent from an open school are also eligible
- Candidate must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Biology as an additional subject are also eligible
Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination:
- General category: 50%
- PWD category: 45%
- SC/ST/OBC: 40%